DANK, our two-time winner of the Golden Bean award, has made its triumphant return! This is our 4th rendition of DANK. This year it is a blend of 80% Guatemala La Senda + 20% Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Natural. DANK was created to deliver a delicious & sweet fruit forward espresso, very different from our in-house Tin Lizzie espresso blend.
This particular Guatemala La Senda coffee was processed with the addition of Champagne Yeast. This addition brings out a tasting note of mangusteen. After fermentation, the coffee is slowly dried for 5 long weeks. This slower approach to drying the raw beans allows exotic tasting notes to come through.
The Yirgacheffe Natural process coffee from Dumerso and offers a distinctive blueberry flavor that is the unique hallmark of Ethiopian natural coffee. It add's depth and complexity to the DANK espresso.
A portion of proceeds from the sale of DANK, the End the War on Drugs T-Shirt, Rolling Tray and Tote are donated to FAMM (Families Against Mandatory Minimums).
Mandatory minimum sentences — set by Congress, not judges, require automatic, minimum prison terms for certain crimes. Most mandatory minimum sentences apply to drug offenses, but Congress has also enacted them for other crimes. In the 1980’s Congress enacted mandatory minimum sentences for drug crimes, causing federal prison populations to skyrocket with nonviolent drug offenders. By tying judges’ hands, mandatory minimums essentially took power away from judges and gave it to prosecutors, who could then threaten to charge defendants with crimes that would trigger a mandatory minimum. Like alcohol prohibition in the early 1900s, drug prohibition has not only failed its mission but has made its mission impossible.
- 650,000 people were arrested for marijuana violations in 2015 –comprising almost half of all drug arrests in the U.S. That’s one marijuana arrest every 50 seconds!
- 89% of arrests were for simple possession, not for selling or manufacturing.
- 2.3 million people were incarcerated in the U.S. in 2016 – the highest incarceration rate in the world
- U.S. states spend more than $3 billion enforcing marijuana prohibition every year. $$ that could go to rebuilding communities.
Fruity and Floral
Chocolate-Like and Nutty
- Fully Automatic Machines Coffee
- Espresso Machines Coffee
- French Press Coffee
No reviews found