On cold winter days (and especially on public holidays), an Irish Coffee prepared like a book works to warm us up and charge us in a good mood. Irish Coffee or Irish-style coffee is a cocktail that has coffee and whiskey as basic ingredients. If you want to consume such a drink, you do not need to go to Ireland for this, because we will immediately reveal the original recipe.
Here are the ingredients you need to prepare the classic Irish Coffee recipe:
- A cup of coffee made from a kettle or espresso (including coffee capsules can be used).
- 3-5 tablespoons of whiskey.
- A teaspoon of sugar, preferably brown.
- Whipped cream for garnish.
How to Make Irish Coffee
If you have purchased the four ingredients, the steps to get to the desired Irish Coffee are very simple:
- Pour the espresso or coffee into the kettle in clear glass.
- Add the sugar and mix well. The sugar will help the whipped cream to float to the surface of the glass.
- Put the whiskey and make sure there is room for the whipped cream.
- Garnish with a layer of whipped cream, preferably freshly beaten.
Tips and Tricks
- For an authentic experience, use Irish whiskey and quality coffee.
- It is important not to incorporate whipped cream that floats on the surface. Irish Coffee is drunk by consuming the mixture of coffee, whiskey, and sugar through the cream layer.
- So that the whipped cream does not sink into the glass, it is good to pour it in a spoon positioned above the drink and let it flow easily on the surface of the cocktail.
- Irish Coffee best reveals its flavors when consumed hot.
You have probably frequently encountered the selection of "Irish coffee" at hot drinks vending machines, along with espresso, cappuccino, hot chocolate, and others. Unfortunately, you should know that they do not contain whiskey, but are prepared from a mix of ingredients and flavors that taste similar to Irish drinks.
That being said, we invite you to enjoy the classic Irish coffee recipe and we are waiting for your impressions in the comments section.