Coffee drink: BOBA PEARL COFFEE
This drink originated from Asia and is made with tea and tapioca balls. They are called Boba tea, Boba milk tea, Pearl milk tea or Bubble tea. Now we will make a coffee variant. With this homemade boba pearl coffee recipe you will make a refreshing, delicious milky coffee drink served with succulent chewy tapioca pearls. This recipe is easy and quick and is perfect if you want to impress your coffee lover guests with a refreshing drink.
- 2-3 tbsp cooked tapioca pearls: store-bought or homemade
- 1 shot of espresso or cooled freshly brewed coffee
- whole or vegan (oat, almond, soy) milk as you prefer
- brown sugar syrup or honey to sweeten the cooked tapioca pearl
- vanilla syrup or any other flavor that you like (it's optional if you want to add some extra flavor to your drink)
- ice cubes (if desired)
How to prepare a Boba pearl coffee?
- Cook the boba pearls. Add tapioca pearls to a large pot, add enough water and cook for about 15 minutes or until the pearls become translucent and float on top of the water. (Alternatively, cook the tapioca pearls according to the packet instructions). It is best to cook what you need at a time. If you have any leftovers, store them in the fridge no longer than 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse the cooked boba pearls in cool water to stop the cooking process and to stop the pearls from sticking together.
- For sweetening transfer the boba pearls to a bowl. Add some brown sugar syrup or honey to it and stir to combine.
- Prepare the espresso or the cooled freshly brewed coffee.
- Pour the drink into a coffee glass, add about 2-3 tablespoons of sweetened tapioca pearl, add ice (if you desire a cold drink), add the coffee, add some vanilla syrup (or any other flavor of your choice) if desired and top with milk. Stir to combine and serve. Enjoy!
No comments foundWrite a comment