The advantages of capsule machines
Preparing coffee and espresso with a capsule machine is easy and convenient. A big advantage is that you get consistently high quality even without prior knowledge. Similar to the portafilter machine, the espresso is inspired by the strong flavor and appealing crema. The aroma remains in the sealed coffee capsule until the brewing process. This ensures intense coffee enjoyment. These models are also perfect for all coffee lovers who want a little variety in their cups, as you can choose from a ton of different types. Depending on your preference, you can start the day with an espresso and enjoy a decaffeinated coffee in the afternoon. Last but not least, thanks to its compact size, the capsule machine is guaranteed to find a suitable place in smaller kitchens.
How capsule machines work
Just like the ESE pad machine, the capsule machine is part of some coffee machines. This means the coffee won't be poured by the spoonful like a traditional filter coffee maker. Instead, coffee comes in pre-made capsules. It is very easy to prepare coffee or espresso with a capsule machine. After turning on the machine, the coffee capsules of your choice will be placed on the device. Then push the lever down again. This can cause the capsule to be punctured. Depending on the model, the opening of the portioned capsules is also caused by heating. The heat causes the capsules to expand until they eventually burst. This is how coffee and water are mixed.
Which capsule machine is the best?
This question is difficult to answer in general terms. When choosing the right capsule machine, the most important thing is which beverage you want to prepare with it. Basically, there is a suitable capsule machine for every type of coffee. To help you find the best model for your needs, we've put together an overview for you below:
- Capsule machines for espresso lovers: Love the classic espresso for breakfast? In this case, we would recommend a capsule machine with a small tank with a capacity of around 0.7 liters. Often these models are easy to operate at the touch of a button and are relatively inexpensive. They are great for making espresso, lungo, or Americano.
- Multifunctional capsule machine: In addition to aromatic espresso, would you like to prepare other hot beverages such as filter coffee, cocoa, or tea? Then you should choose a capsule machine with which you can prepare different drinks. So you can easily make different hot drinks with the help of the capsules. The water tank for this model is usually slightly larger, about 1.5 liters.
- Capsule machine for cappuccino lovers: We can recommend a capsule machine with an integrated milk tank and milk frother to all lovers of popular mixed milk drinks such as cappuccino or latte macchiato.
Important features of a capsule machine
Capsule machines vary in various characteristics such as operation, procedures, dimensions, milk tanks, and materials. The following overview should help you orientate:
- Operation: Some capsule machines have only one button. This is where coffee preparation begins. Other models have different buttons that can be used to select the desired beverage. Others have a touch field that responds to touch.
- Program: Depending on the model, the brewing time and temperature can be set individually. Some capsule machines have an automatic cleaning and descaling function or a practical automatic shut-off function.
- Size: The capsule machine is characterized by a compact design. However, the size may vary by device.
- Milk carton: Some machines have a milk carton with an integrated milk frother. This model is especially suitable for lovers of mixed milk drinks. Of course, you can also choose to buy a separate milk frother as a standalone coffee accessory.
- Material: The capsule machine is mainly made of sturdy plastic. Some parts, such as the grid of the drip tray or the milk foam spout, are also usually made of stainless steel.
Discover capsule machines at Cafendo
Are you still looking for the right capsule machine? Then take a look at our selection of high-quality models. Guaranteed to have a machine for every taste! To allow you to start preparing coffee and espresso as soon as you receive the machine, you will of course also find a large selection of first-class coffee capsules in our range. what are you waiting for?